A-11011/33/2009-NACO(A) Government of India Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Department of AIDS Control (National AIDS Control Organisation)
Applications are invited for the position of Programme Officer (Surveillance) at National AIDS Control Organisation on contractual basis.
1. Plan, coordinate, implement and monitor HIV Sentinel Surveillance (HSS) and HIV Estimation activities in the country
2. Coordinate with national and regional institutes involved in HSS and State AIDS Control Societies for implementing HSS
3. Prepare National Action Plan for HSS including financial planning and budgeting
4. Review and process Action Plans of National and Regional Institutes and State AIDS Control Societies related to HSS
5. Improve the quality of training and monitor training activities related to HSS
6. Handle central procurement of consumables related to HIV Sentinel Surveillance
7. Monitor and review quality of testing of samples collected during HIV Sentinel Surveillance
8. Carry out epidemiological analysis and prepare material and reports on HIV epidemic in India
9. Provide inputs to the programme divisions based on the epidemiological data
10. Involve in other surveillance activities such as Behavioural Surveillance Surveys, STI surveillance, Integrated Biological and Behavioural Surveillance, other epidemiological work and research in the field of HIV/AIDS
11. Travel to different parts of the country for reviewing the surveillance activities and for epidemiological investigation
12. Take up any other work assigned by the Officer-in-charge from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
1. MD/DNB (Community Medicine)/ Master in Public Health/ Master in Applied Epidemiology/ Master in Health Administration or Equivalent
2. 3-5 years of experience in disease surveillance, epidemiology or management of health programmes.
3. Working knowledge of computers including MS office package and SPSS
Experience and Qualification may be relaxed at the discretion of Secretary & DG, NACO in deserving cases with experience in HIV/AIDS surveillance.
1. Knowledge of epidemiological analysis, modeling and biostatistics
2. Past experience of working in HIV/AIDS programme or projects under government or bilateral/ multi-lateral agencies in India
Remuneration: Rs. 51,750 – 75, 000/- per month Consolidated
Duration: Initial contract shall be for One Year. Subsequent re-contracting will be based on performance.
Place of Posting: New Delhi
Age: Below 60 years
Applications may be sent by email at the following email address - email@example.com with subject line “Application for Programme Officer (Surveillance)” along with a copy of Curriculum Vitae of the candidate.
The last date for receipt of applications is 16th June 2012.
For More Information